Her qualifications include Diplomas in General Nursing, and Midwifery (Tygerberg Hospital) as well as a BA (Communication and Industrial Psychology), UNISA.
Membership / Registration
- Registration with South African Nursing Council
- Member, DENOSA
- Member, SEMDSA (Society for Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes of SA)
- Member, ISCD (International Society for Clinical Densitometry).
- Member, South African Institute for Fundraising
- Full member of IOF-CNS (Committee for National Societies)
- Member PHANGO (Patient Health Alliance for Non-Governmental Organisations)
- EL, Bruce JC. Chapter 5 Endocrine and Metabolic disorders. Nursing Practice Textbook.2008; African Edition:131-186
- Hough T. Calcium Supplementation and osteoporosis. Specialist Forum 2007; 7 (4) 46-48
- Hough T. Osteoporosis. Specialist Forum 2009;9 (5) 38-41
- Hough T. Nutrition, bone health and the milk issue. Specialist Forum 2009:9 (7) 27-30
- Hough T. A-Z of Osteoporosis. Health 24 website 2014
- Hough T. Make no bones about osteoporosis. The Waiting Room. Autumn 2011
- Hough T. National Osteoporosis Foundation of South Africa guideline for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis. Prof Nurs Today 2011;15 (5) 50-54
- Various educational booklets.
- Blaauw R, Albertse EC, Beneke T, et al. Risk factors for the development of osteoporosis. 26th SEMDSA Congress, Wilderness, March 12-16, 1990
- Nortje H, Conradie M, Beneke T et al. Risk factors for steroid-induced osteoporosis. 16th Annual Congress of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, Kansas City, USA, September 9-13, 1994
- Hesseling PB, Hough T, Nel ED et al. Bone mineral density (BMD) in long-term survivors of childhood cancer. 9th Bone and Mineral Metabolism Congress, Drakensberg, April 1999
- Hough T, Hesseling PB, Nel ED et al.Bone mineral density (BMD) in long-term survivors of childhood cancer. 43rd Academic Year Day, University of Stellenbosch, August 1999
- Hough T. Bright ideas in communication. IOF World Wide Conference of Osteoporosis Patient Societies, Miami, USA, December 11-14 2007
- Hough T. Overview of Osteoporosis. NOFSA/IOF 5th Advanced training Course on Osteoporosis, Somerset-West. April 2011
- Hough T. Role of the technologist and patient care. Importance of precision. NOFSA/IOF 5th Advanced training Course on Osteoporosis, Somerset-West. April 2011
- Hough T. Understanding the BMD results and clinical management of the osteoporotic patient. NOFSA/IOF 5th Advanced training Course on Osteoporosis, Somerset-West. April 2012
- Hough T. Feedback Awareness in SA: IOF Jordan, Rome, Seville, Milan 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Health 24 Website
- Various talks to organizations/groups/old-age homes etc.
- Tereza is assisted by Drienie Janse van Rensburg and Esmé Brink
Marketing and Social Media
Esmé is a Partner and Communication Strategist at echovine.co.za and is responsible for our awareness campaigns on social media, marketing our fundraising events, writing our newsletters, upkeep of the website as well as digital and content marketing.
Drienie Janse van Rensburg
After many years excelling at customer services and solutions. Drienie has now decided to turn her talents elsewhere and brings with her a creative flair; impeccable work ethic; drive to always grow and charming personality.
Edwin van der Walt
NOFSA Brand Ambassador 2022
Energetic. Passionate. Leader. Encourager. Futurist.
Edwin is a multi-nominated and award-winning South African actor as well as a resident of Durbanville. He follows an active and healthy lifestyle and also helps people to become the best version of themselves through Novieguide, his online educational platform.