- The talk will focus on the most “common” or “feared” side-effects of the Osteoporosis drugs available in South Africa.
- A mention of some of the new, commonly used drugs used for alternative conditions (e.g. Diabetes Mellitus) which has a positive or detrimental effect on bone.
- What are the side effects of the commonly used Osteoporosis drugs in South Africa?
- How common are some of the most feared side-effects of Osteoporosis drugs?
- How to prevent or manage the feared side-effects?
- Learn about the positive/negative impact drugs used for other conditions have on bone health.
Dr Willem de Lange Bio:
Dr de Lange is a Clinical Endocrinologist working at Medi-Clinic Bloemfontein Hospital. I have been involved in the field of Metabolic Bone Disease for more than 10 years and recently obtained my Ph.D. from the University of the Free State studying the effect of Graves’ disease on the Bone Health of South African women. I have a passion for Osteoporosis and is in the process of setting up a Fracture Liaison Service (FLS) at my hospital. A true Bone Head!